LANG'S OFF ROAD SUSPEnsion SEMINAR
Lang's Off Road Presents:
2 Day Suspension Seminar Class
OCT 21, 24. 2021
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SUSPENSION SEMINAR YOU HAVE BEEN
LEARN IT ALL IN 2 DAYS!
Have you ever wanted to adjust your suspension settings and been afraid you would just mess it up? Do you know that your factory springs or the used ones you bought with the bike are probably not ideal for you? Can you change them out or service the fluid? Gas a rear shock? Set your sag, comp or rebound? Chances are, you don't!
That's why Lang's off Road & Rally Connex are hosting this amazing 2 day seminar to teach you all the in's and out's of your suspensions system. Each student is required to bring there own Enduro or Dual Sport Bike of choice to the class. By the end of the weekend you will have a complete understanding of your suspension. Day 1 is a in-class session. Day 2 is a hands on off road ride with instructors guiding you on how to adjust your suspension in multiple off road scenarios. Read more below to find out what's included in this unique opportunity! This class will focus primarily on Enduro and small Dualsport type motorcycle suspensions.
HOW THE CLASSES WORK!
- This seminar workshop is a 2 day class.
- Day 1 is a in-classroom work shop where we cover all the attributes about the suspension system on your bike. Setup and adjustment of the suspension on your bike. How to service your suspension, How the suspension works internally, spring rates and what they mean etc... See "Topics covered in Day 1" list below"
- Day 2 we are out on the trails testing and tuning your new suspension setup. Bikes have adjustable suspension for many different terrains, so why not learn how to adjust them! This seminar allows you to do that with a suspension expert beside you on the trails. The teacher is always helping you with the right setting for the right environment. We will learn what works and what doesn't work. Riders need to know the importance between what works right and what doesn't work in a controlled environment. This will allow you to make better decisions on the necessary changes you do the next time you head out on your bike for a safer and more controlled ride.
TOPICS COVERED IN DAY 1
- Static sag and race sag
- Installation and removal of shock and forks
- How to inspect your suspension for damage
- What is rebound, high & low speed compression
- How pre load effects your setup
- Checking the corresponding bearings on the bike that effect the suspension system
- Removal and install of fork and shock springs
- How valving works
- Seal maintenance
- Suspension accessories
- Suspension tools for repair & maintenance
- Air pro fork add on's
- Static friction
- What does nitrogen do for your shock
- Spring rate and dampening
- Progressive spring rates
- Lowering bikes
- Oils and viscosities
TOPICS COVERED IN DAY 2
- How body weight and height effect your suspension
- How tire pressure and you body position affects your suspension
- Describing terms used in the field (packing, unloading etc...)
- Fork position in triple clamps
- Adjusting settings for different conditions and how that affects you and your bike
- Getting rid of that uncomfortable feeling of not playing with your clickers!
- Trail ride suspension and racing suspension settings
- Fork air bleeding
- Cleaning your suspension
WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE THE CLASS?
Before you can start to partake in this detailed class, your existing suspension should be tested for the proper spring rate, your front forks and rear shock are in good working order. It will be counter productive attempting to gain the full potential of this seminar with poor suspension to start with.
Lang's off Road has a large selection of springs for both front and rear suspension components on your bike. Lang's has given students that sign up a deal on parts and service you will need done before the class. You must have your service completed no less than 2 weeks before the class date. This will help us make sure your parts are in stock before the class begins. During the registration process you will be asked multiple questions to help our tech's pre sell you the appropriate springs and parts you will need for your bike. Bring you riding gear as well. This will help you set the "race sag or ride sag"
Included in your entry fee: Lunch on day 1 and day 2. Pop, Water, Coffee and Tea will be on hand both days during the classes. Special dietary needs can be met at least 2 weeks notice prior to the class. You CAN NOT book your food at the class. You must register online before Oct 18th 2021 11:59pm to receive a meal plan.
$250 registration fee. Includes: 2 Day class, 2 lunches and a 10% promo code to a 2021 Rally Connex event excluding Dacre "The longest Day" Rally & Chris Birch Classes. Code is non transferable.
The classes are held at Lang's Off Road in Zorra Township, Ontario. Each morning we will meet at the location listed below on the google map.
2675 Unit A Elgin Rd, Dorchester, ON N0L 1G6
The class does not include any accommodations or camping. We are only 15 minutes away from London Ontario where there is plenty of accommodations to choose from. Feel free to use this google link to search for the closest lodging. Accommodations near Lang's Off Road
Class Schedule Times:
DAY 1: OCT 23
Sign in: Saturday, 8am to 9am
Class time, 9am to 5pm
Lunch served, 12pm
Dinner party at TBA restaurant 6:30pm
Class Schedule Times:
DAY 2: OCT 24
Class time 9am to 4pm
Lunch served, 12pm
OCT 23,24 2021
-Only 15 spots available.
-Learn it all!
(DON'T WAIT.... Register TODAY ONLINE!)
-The class is hosted at Lang's off Road in Dorchester Ontario.
-Get in on the early bird prize